Dear Glebe Annex residents,
The Ottawa Police Survey is hosting an online survey relating to changes to community policing. The Glebe Annex Community Association recommends that all residents fill out the survey to ensure that our community continues to have access to local community policing.
The Ottawa Police Service (OPS) created a program called the Service Initiative (SI) to explore and address the pressures of police service delivery and to improve how they serve the city of Ottawa.
OPS is looking to introduce a number of changes over the next few years to be more effective in:
- Managing the growing demands in our city (e.g. rise in high-tech crimes, human trafficking, etc,);
- Assigning our police officers in the community;
- Conducting investigations and solving crime;
- Using crime information to improve public and officer safety; and,
- Handling court processes, such as leveraging technology.
This initiative will result in changes to how community policing is delivered.
Policing across North America is facing a lot of pressures – increasing costs, city growth, changing demographics, growing demands for service, and the increasing …