Glebe Community Centre Meeting Room
Call to Order – 6:40 PM
Present: Scott Blurton, Chris McCann, Larissa Volinets Schieven, Sylvia Milne
Amendments/Approval of Agenda
- Darlene moved. Sylvia seconded. Approved.
Amendments/Acceptance of Minutes of Last Meeting (March 15, 2017)
- Sylvia moved. Larissa seconded. Approved.
Business Arising from Minutes from March 15, 2017
- Movie night
- People liked the older movie (public domain)
- About $200 for movie estimated
- Keep cost down by public domain
- Date: September 8, 2017 tentative
Cleaning the Capital
- Rain date: May 6, 2017
- Sue is working on posters
- Scott to send out to members and to website
- Sylvia would like 4 posters; Larissa would like 1 poster for BCU
- To be posted in shops: Abbas, McDonald’s, Tim Hortons, Rogers, VacShack, Glebe High School, Hogan
Treasurer’s Report – Chris McCann
- No change from last month except for $10 increase for membership sale
Planning – Chris McCann/Sylvia Milne/Scott Blurton
- 265 Carling
- Gone to OMB
- Application approved, zoning changed
- We had opportunity to appeal zoning decision for 20 storeys (per application)
- GACA sent in notice of intent to appeal to OMB
- OMB replied – reviewed file and prepared to proceed with appeal
- Taggart hired lawyer, asking us who is point person/file lead
- Contact is Scott, but intent was Carolyn – clarify since Carolyn absent
- Have requested mediation as first step – OMB notice says if you wish to appeal, notify us
- Mediation can only happen if both parties agree
- Planning committee to meet to clarify next steps and timing
- Taggart said they would get back with some questions e.g. egress, etc.
- Keith Taggart away – who to contact in the meantime?
- Fundraising campaign to commence – crowd funding campaign
- To send out information to members on plan and progress
- 289 Carling
- 0$ in federal budget for housing
- 890/900 Bank (Beer store)
- 8 storeys – passed
- City recommended to approve
- Old LCBO – Boston Pizza
Security – Peggy Kampouris
- Peggy to follow up with Community Police Officer to set up meeting
- Date: May is membership month
- Pick up kits Sunday and drop following Sunday
- Start May 7 for two weeks
- Scott has started assembling kits – 11 kits
- Post cards ordered and buttons
- Script and survey to be settled
- Looking to organize membership drive
- Currently pay 2$ from each GACA membership to GCA
- GCA wants meeting to discuss membership drive
- Sylvia: When GACA set up, met with GCA to discuss how to work as annexed to them
- Copy of their constitution and we have our own
- In their constitution, they would charge membership to people around them
- Since new association, not asked for half of membership so agreed on 2$
- If GCA wants GACA households as actual members, then truly integrate
- Motion: Scott: To advise GCA to stay at $2 per household member and not sharing GACA membership list with them, messages to be distributed by GACA (website/email)
- Sylvia moved. Darlene seconded. Approved.
Welcoming Ottawa Week
- Consider whether to participate?
- Thank you for thinking of us.
FCA Report – Scott Blurton
- Motion to pay membership fees to FCA, in the amount of $30 (per agenda attachment)
- Chris moved. Syliva seconded. Approved.
- FCA likely to return to changing days of week, rather than set day
- Consider scheduling of GACA meetings 2017-2018
- Stay at third Wednesday of month – Scott to book
- Plus AGM in November 8, 2017 – Scott to book if available in all purpose room
Glebe Report – Scott Blurton
- No contribution for May
- Membership drive was included in April
- Planning notifications came in for Sylvia
- Notice for change on Broadway
- Imperial Ave changes
- Booth St. meeting – Wednesday April 26
- Whole Foods Community Giving Days – to inquire
- May 17, 2017, at 6:30 PM.
- Motion to adjourn put forward by Chris. Seconded by Sylvia. Motion carried.
- Meeting adjourned