Glebe Community Centre Meeting Room
Call to Order – 6:40 PM
Present: Scott Blurton, Chris McCann, Larissa Volinets Schieven, Peggy Kampouris
Amendments/Approval of Agenda
- Peggy moved to approve the Agenda. Larissa seconded the motion. Agenda adopted.
Amendments/Acceptance of Minutes of Last Meeting (January 18, 2017)
- Amendments to be made. Minutes approved unanimously.
Amendments/Acceptance of Minutes of Last Meeting (February 15, 2017)
- Chris moved to approve. Larissa seconded. Approved.
Business Arising from Minutes from February 15, 2017
- Scott to schedule and organize membership blitz.
Parks – Sue Stefko (relayed by Scott)
Cleaning the Capital – Saturday April 29, 2017
- Rain date: May 6, 2017
- BCU to provide money for refreshments
- Scott to coordinate refreshments
- Movie night? $200 or more for movie night estimated
- Licensing of movie? To investigate cost
- Public domain films?
- Canadian movie?
- Party in the park?
Treasurer’s Report – Chris McCann
- Cheque for OMB appeal $300 submitted – from reserve fund
- Charge for certifying cheque
- Otherwise, no change
- 265 Carling
- Appeal of planning committee decision went out Monday
- Issue: stated generally the concerns:
- Height, contrary to existing heights
- Originally with townhomes on Clemow; no longer in plans
- Use of Clemow for garage entry and exit
- Width of streets: Clemow compared to Cambridge
- Planner and lawyer to discuss alternatives and make arguments if appeal proceeds
- Consider Whole Foods community giving days – Larissa to send information on this
- New CPC officer came to GCA meeting
- She has proposed dates that she is available for community meeting
- Community engagement – call in incidents, neighbourhood watch
- To canvass dates for community meeting
- To determine location of meeting
- Scott has drafted postcard for membership canvassing
- Date to be determined – late May suggested
- Cost: $80-100
- Scott to print membership list and prepare kits
- Nothing to report
- FCA meetings are generally held at the same time as GACA meetings
- Scott provided article for feedback
- Some changes already made
- Submitted to Glebe Report for April publication
- No change to financial institution yet – to be back on the agenda for Treasurer
- April 19, 2017, at 6:30 PM.
- Motion to adjourn put forward by Chris. Seconded by Peggy. Motion carried.
- Meeting adjourned at 7:35 PM.