Glebe Community Centre Meeting Room
Call to Order – 6:35 PM
Present: Scott Blurton, Chris McCann, Larissa Volinets Schieven, Heidi, Cathy Woodgold, Darlene Charron
Amendments/Approval of Agenda
- Amendment to agenda: Darlene. Chris. Moved
- Agenda: Darlene. Chris. Moved
Amendments/Acceptance of Minutes of Last Meeting (April 19, 2017)
- One change. Approved as amended. Scott. Larissa. Moved.
Business Arising from Minutes from April 19, 2017
- Cleaning the Capital – great success
- Scott sent out email and posted to website
- Scott will send personal email to participants
- Darlene’s concern: “Since some volunteers come for the first part of the 2-hour cleaning session, ensure all volunteers who wish to be part of the draws
- have handed in a ballot with their name and phone number. The Draw would take place at the end of the cleaning event.”
- Suggested: Draw with prize specified for next year
- Thank you to BCU – certificate template to be provided
Movie in the Park
- Planning a film in the park
- Cost: $200 to hire Morris to set up to project movie
- Motion: Hire Morris Rothman to set up movie night, at cost of $200
- Scott. Darlene. Moved
- For Saturday September 9, 2017
- Movie suggestions per motion attached
- Action item: Scott to ask members about movie choice
- No change from last month – $633 operating fund
- Currently banking with RBC – considering moving to Your Credit Union or BCU
- RBC: No one-time fee; 4$ per month; $91 for 50 cheques
- YCU: 5$ one-time fee; no monthly fee (10 transactions per month); $46 for 50 cheques
- BCU: $100 one-time; no monthly fee (15 transactions per month); $75 for 50 cheques
- Community involvement demonstrated
- YCU most favourable on fees, cost, etc.
- BCU favourable for community involvement, spirit, etc.
- To provide information to members and seek vote on financial institution
- 265 Carling
- OMB appeal – trying to get early October based on availability
- Will begin fundraising, witness prep, etc.
- Contacted community safety officer to discuss plan for meeting
- Highlight: specific crime trends in neighbourhood and crime prevention
- Public meeting with community policy officer to meet residents, provide information, fraud, etc.
- Contact person is Krista Durie – 613-998-7970, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Informed that cleaning to happen – Darlene then followed up on timeline
- Clean up conducted yesterday afternoon
- Action item: area with picnic benches?
- Drive going well
- Continuing forward
- Should be complete in next month or so
Whole Food community partnership
- To confirm whether required to be charity or non-profit
- June deadline contribution: May 26
- June contribution re: community clean up with photos
- Announce movie night
- Membership campaign underway
- June 21, 2017, at 6:30 pm.
- 8:00 pm
- Scott. Chris. Motion passed