GACA Board Meeting – March 15, 2017

Glebe Community Centre Meeting Room
Call to Order – 6:40 PM
Present: Scott Blurton, Chris McCann, Larissa Volinets Schieven, Peggy Kampouris

Amendments/Approval of Agenda

  • Peggy moved to approve the Agenda. Larissa seconded the motion. Agenda adopted.

Amendments/Acceptance of Minutes of Last Meeting (January 18, 2017)

  • Amendments to be made. Minutes approved unanimously.

Amendments/Acceptance of Minutes of Last Meeting (February 15, 2017)

  • Chris moved to approve. Larissa seconded. Approved.

Business Arising from Minutes from February 15, 2017

  • Scott to schedule and organize membership blitz.

Parks – Sue Stefko (relayed by Scott)

Cleaning the Capital – Saturday April 29, 2017

  • Rain date: May 6, 2017
  • BCU to provide money for refreshments
  • Scott to coordinate refreshments

Summer event

  • Movie night? $200 or more for movie night estimated
  • Licensing of movie? To investigate cost
    • Public domain films?
    • Canadian movie?
  • Party in the park?

Treasurer’s Report – Chris McCann

  • Cheque for OMB appeal $300 submitted – from reserve fund
    • Charge for certifying cheque
  • Otherwise, no change


  • 265 Carling
    • Appeal of planning committee decision went out Monday
    • Issue: stated generally the concerns:
      • Height, contrary to existing heights
      • Originally with townhomes on Clemow; no longer in plans
      • Use of Clemow for garage entry and exit
      • Width of streets: Clemow compared to Cambridge
    • Planner and lawyer to discuss alternatives and make arguments if appeal proceeds
  • Consider Whole Foods community giving days – Larissa to send information on this


  • New CPC officer came to GCA meeting
  • She has proposed dates that she is available for community meeting
  • Community engagement – call in incidents, neighbourhood watch
  • To canvass dates for community meeting
  • To determine location of meeting


  • Scott has drafted postcard for membership canvassing
  • Date to be determined – late May suggested
  • Cost: $80-100
  • Scott to print membership list and prepare kits

FCA Report

  • Nothing to report
  • FCA meetings are generally held at the same time as GACA meetings

Glebe Report

  • Scott provided article for feedback
  • Some changes already made
  • Submitted to Glebe Report for April publication

Other Business

  • No change to financial institution yet – to be back on the agenda for Treasurer

Next Meeting

  • April 19, 2017, at 6:30 PM.


  • Motion to adjourn put forward by Chris. Seconded by Peggy. Motion carried.
  • Meeting adjourned at 7:35 PM.