A reminder that the Bronson Ave. sewer and water main work between Arlington and Imperial is expected to start in the next several weeks (tentatively planned for mid-May) and continue until the fall (see City of Ottawa website).
During the first stage of the project*:
- One southbound lane will remain open on Bronson.
- Northbound traffic (including busses) will be detoured east on Chamberlain and continue north on Kent. Traffic can rejoin Bronson at Gladstone.
- Northbound cyclists will be detoured east on Renfrew Ave., continue north on Percy, and can rejoin Bronson at Gladstone.
- Southbound cyclists will be detoured east on Gladstone Avenue, continue south on Percy, and can rejoin Bronson at Powell.
- Pedestrians will not be detoured – the sidewalk on the west side of Bronson will remain open throughout construction. The east sidewalk will be closed between Catherine and Powell.
- Westbound access to the 417 will continue via Catherine/Raymond.
- Westbound vehicles exiting the 417 will be detoured via Raymond to Booth.
- Eastbound access to the 417 remains unchanged via Chamberlain/Isabella.
- Eastbound vehicles exiting the 417 will continue unchanged.
*Note that during stages 2, 3 and 4 of construction, one lane will be open in each direction. Phase 1 is expected to end in September.
All detour routes will be signed, and advance notice of closures and detours will be provided by the City of Ottawa.